Solah Tahajjud is very much blessed ibadah, while everyone sleep, we wake up just to submit ourselves to Allah swt, what a beautiful and what a sacrifice! You can’t do that unless you really are sacrificing ourselves to do so! Just for the sake of Allah swt.
Solah Tahajjud, It is quite confidential indeed! During the night time when the surrounding and all and everything is quiet and peaceful, it is the best time to submit ourselves to our Allah swt and to beg for all our needs and concerns with our beloved Creator, the Almighty Allah swt. It is also mentioned in many hadiths that Allah swt will descend to earth (the servants will feel the presence of Allah) to grant the servants their supplications and duas….SubhanalLah
The best time to perform Solah Tahajjud is at the third part of the night, after we have sleept and woken up. Solah tahajjud is the essence of Qiamullail…..
A supplication made during this time is like an arrow that never misses a target…. subhana Allah
Below are some of the Ayat of noble al- Quran about solah Tahajjud- praying in the night:
“Establish prayer at the decline of the sun [from its meridian] until the darkness of the night and [also] the Qur’an of dawn. Indeed, the recitation of dawn is ever witnessed. And from [part of] the night, pray with it as additional [worship] for you; it is expected that your Lord will resurrect you to a praised station.” (Surah Isra, 17:78-79).
Here are some hadiths about tahajjud:
- Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said: “Our Lord Descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, inquiring: `Who will call on Me so that I may respond to him? Who is asking something of Me so I may give it to him? Who is asking for My forgiveness so I may forgive him?” [Bukhari and Muslim.]
- Abdullah ibn `Amr reports that the Prophet (saws) said: “The most beloved fast to Allah is the fast of (Prophet) Dawood (a.s.). And the most beloved prayer to Allah is the prayer of (Prophet) Dawood (a.s.). He (Prophet Dawood (a.s.)) would sleep half of the night and then pray during the next third of the night and then sleep during the last sixth of the night.And he would fast one day and not fast the next.” [Bukhari and Muslim.]
- Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions) said, “The best prayer after the obligatory prayers is the night prayer.”[Muslim]
- Abd Allah ibn Salam (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions) said, “O people! Spread the salams, feed others, maintain family ties, and pray at night when others sleep and you will enter Heaven safely.”[Tirmidhi, Hakim]
- Narrated Al-Mughira: The Prophet(SAW) used to stand (in the prayer) or pray till both his feet or legs swelled. He was asked why (he offered such an unbearable prayer) and he said, “should I not be a thankful slave.” [Bukhari]
- Narrated Salim’s father: In the life-time of the Prophet(saws) whosoever saw a dream would narrate it to Allah’s Apostle(saws). I had a wish of seeing a dream to narrate it to Allah’s Apostle (saws) I was a grown up boy and used to sleep in the Mosque in the life-time of the Prophet. I saw in the dream that two angels caught hold of me and took me to the Fire which was built all round like a built well and had two poles in it and the people in it were known to me. I started saying, “I seek refuge with Allah from the Fire.” Then I met another angel who told me not to be afraid. I narrated the dream to Hafsa (r) who told it to Allah’s Apostle(saws). The Prophet(saws) said, “Abdullah is a good man. I wish he prayed Tahajjud.” After that ‘Abdullah (i.e. Salim’s father) used to sleep but a little at night. [Bukhari]
- Narrated ‘Aisha: Allah’s Apostle(saws) used to offer eleven Raka’t and that was his prayer. He used to prolong the prostration to such an extent that one could recite fifty verses (of the Quran) before he would lift his head. He used to pray two Rakat (Sunnah) before the Fajr prayer and then used to lie down on his right side till the call-maker came and informed him about the prayer. [Bukhari]
SubhanalLah, we could see enormous importance and abundant reward for solah Tahajjud!
It is not only during the sacred month of Ramadhan that we can perform this special ibadah; infact we can perform it anytime in antother month too in sha Allah.
Ya Allah, let us all beg to Allah swt that may Allah swt grant all of us thoufeeq to perform Solah Tahajjud and ask for His forgiveness, guidance, protection, and Jannah-al-Firdaus.